Adult Education Opportunities at FPCGV
Tuesday Morning Women’s Study: Each Tuesday at 10:00am
Men’s Bible Study: Each Wednesday morning at 6:00am
Pastor Bob’s Bible Study: Each Thursday at 1:00 or 8:00pm
Monthly Book Study: 6:00pm on the first Sunday of each month
At FPCGV, we offer educational programs for every age. Because you're never too young or too old to learn something about your relationship to God and to one another!
Each class is based on building relationships and study, with each class determining their own study topics. Classes meet on the 2nd floor. There are signs on the classrooms identifying the class.
The classes for spring 2018 are:
- Vignettes of Who's Who in the Bible – A Bible Study and More.
- Parents Anonymous: Parenting related discussions led by a professional in the field, Sallie Wells.
See the full descriptions and schedules on this page.
Vignettes of Who's Who in the Bible
This class will present small illustrations of folks who appear briefly, but importantly, then fade into the background of the biblical narrative. We plan to meet some of the heroes, villains, monarchs and subjects in both the Old and New Testaments.
Each week there will be some combination of bible passages, historical background, geography and discussion to gain insight into the lives and times of the biblical characters
Topics for the fall include:
- Why creativity is important?
- Building self-confidence in children
- Understanding grit and passion
- What motivates your child?
- How to develop an abstract thinker?
- Faith – helping children understand things we can’t see or hear.