What's Happening Right Now At Youth Connections
Youth Connections Stories on tumblr.com
Read selected stories and pictures about Youth Connections programs on our fpcgv.tumblr.com blog. Click the stories below to read more:
#PropheticallyAngry - What happens when woke people feel a call from the Holy Spirit.
Positivity on a Soup Can - Youth Connections wanted to make sure that the recipients knew they were loved, cared for and believed in.
#WeAreStV - After hearing about his story of unselfish giving and even a bit of government protesting, the group present was challenged to think of a person(s) to whom they could be St. Valentine.
Group building 30' in the air - Straping on a high ropes harness and climbing the ladder is a lot more challenging that you might think.
FPCGV Seeks Youth Director
First Presbyterian Church of Grapevine, Texas, is seeking a part-time Director of Youth Ministries. If you love working with middle school and high school students and know how to connect with this fun and challenging age group, then this job is for you. You’ll need to be self-motivated, creative, and enthusiastic. Working knowledge of Harry Potter and DC and Marvel comics is a plus.
Interested candidates provide a brief letter of interest and a resume, and send them to: email@example.com
- Create a supportive and welcoming atmosphere for the youth of First Presbyterian Church of Grapevine.
- Help youth discover and use their unique gifts to serve Christ and others.
- Guide programs that help the church youth and others relate to the gospel .
- Partner with youth and sponsors to create programs that support spiritual development, fellowship, ministry, and outreach.
- Communicate often with youth and parents, using a variety of communication methods and social media.
- Attend worship regularly and lead weekly youth gatherings (currently on Sunday afternoons).
- Plan for and accompany youth on trips to regional presbytery events, summer mission trips, and to the national Treinnium conference every third year.
- Participate in (and sometimes lead) youth Sunday School.
Be ready to take on other duties as needed that relate to the Director of Youth position.
The Youth Director will report to the Christian Education Ministry and work with this group to develop programs. The Administration Personnel Ministry will handle matters related to employment.
Candidates for this position must trust in Jesus Christ as their Savior and must demonstrate the reality of that relationship through their life and testimony. In addition, candidates must:
- Be at least 23 years of age
- Be a confirmed member of a Presbyterian Church in the PCUSA or uphold beliefs in accordance with the Reformed Tradition.
- Be a High School graduate, and possess or be in pursuit of a college degree
- Have experience working with youth in a ministry setting
The successful candidate must meet the requirements of employment of First Presbyterian Church of Grapevine, including a criminal background check; and must work within the guidelines of our church’s Child Protection Policy.
Three work/school-related references must also be provided.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
For this ministry to our youth, we will also be looking for the following:
- A dynamic teacher who can apply fundamental Christian values to real-life situations
- Have formal training in youth ministry
- Experience coordinating retreats, mission trips, and local and regional outings
- Show leadership, organization, motivation and communication skills
- Be able to work with a team
Schedule and Other Information
The Director of Youth Ministries will work 15 to 20 per week including Sunday morning and youth function. Additional time will be necessary to undertake trips with the youth. Planning and organizational activities may take place off site and outside of this schedule.
Summer Mission Trips & Conferences
REMINDER: Scholarships are available for each of these trips. Please contact Jodi for a scholarship form.
The attached Medical Form and Covenant are forms for the mission trip. The other attachments are flyers with more details about conferences. Jodi will register the group for Synod Youth Workshop and for JhaMS. Please email DCE Jodi Haun at firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know which trip you plan to attend. Details will be sent out for each event.
Synod Youth Workshop: (completed 8th – 12th grades)
July 9-14 at the University of Tulsa. Since 1957, SYW has provided an amazing and unique conference experience for high school youth from Synod of the Sun. SYW offers both a fun place and a holy space to explore and deepen one’s faith by following the example of the acceptance, love and grace of our Lord. Daily activities include small group gatherings, worship, group-building, service, lots of laughter and even room for tears. SYW is a conference that truly lives out these biblical words: When one rejoices, we all rejoice. When one weeps, we all weep. We welcome your group to be part of our loving, serving, worshipping and ever-growing SYW family. Synod Youth Workshop will be held at the University of Tulsa in Tulsa, OK, from July 9th-14th, 2018. FPCGV has a long history of sending youth to Synod Youth Workshop. Roger Burks will serve as our male sponsor and Jodi will serve a small group leader for the conference and will be our female sponsor. The conference is open to youth who have completed 8th grade through graduated seniors. Cost is $395.00 per person. A $100 deposit is due by June 1 and the balance is due by June 30.
JHAMS: (completed 5th-8th grades)
July 19-22 at Austin College in Sherman. Four days of building community while meeting others. Conference participants will explore their relationship with God and be equipped to live into their faith.. Cost is $175.00 per person and includes housing and meals while at Austin College.
Middle School Mission Trip (completed 6th-8th grades)
July 27-29 at Ferncliff (church camp) in Little Rock, Arkansas. The group will tour the Clinton Library and then go and stay in the Eco Center at Ferncliff Camps & Conference Center to work with Presbyterian Disaster Assistance. This is where clean-up buckets and other “Gifts of Heart” churches put together for Presbyterian Disaster go before they are distributed to those in need. Cost is $100 and includes everything except for 2 meals while traveling and spending money. Mark Howe and Jodi will be the leaders for the trip. The deadline to register is Monday, July 16.