What's Happening Right Now At Youth Connections
Christmas Magic is December 1st!
CHRISTMAS MAGIC ON DECEMBER 1: Tickets are on sale for $25 Sundays after church in the Perking Lot! Christmas Magic, our annual gourmet dinner and silent auction, is a fundraiser for our youth mission trips and projects. Doors open in Fellowship Hall at 5:00 pm for the silent auction and dinner will be served at 6:00 pm. Free childcare will be provided for children 5th grade and under. Invite your friends and come enjoy a beautiful night of live music and delicious food. Before you come, check out some of the exciting silent auction items you can bid on (see the list below)!
Youth Connections Stories on tumblr.com
Read selected stories and pictures about Youth Connections programs on our fpcgv.tumblr.com blog. Click the stories below to read more:
#PropheticallyAngry - What happens when woke people feel a call from the Holy Spirit.
Positivity on a Soup Can - Youth Connections wanted to make sure that the recipients knew they were loved, cared for and believed in.
#WeAreStV - After hearing about his story of unselfish giving and even a bit of government protesting, the group present was challenged to think of a person(s) to whom they could be St. Valentine.
Group building 30' in the air - Straping on a high ropes harness and climbing the ladder is a lot more challenging that you might think.
Christmas Magic Silent Auction
It is time to start thinking about items for the Christmas Magic Silent Auction! Christmas Magic, our annual gourmet dinner and silent auction is a fundraiser for our youth mission trips and projects and is Saturday, December 1. We are beginning to collect donations of goods and services. If you have an item or a service to offer, please contact Brianna Riley (Briley@fpcgv.org) Jodi Haun (email@example.com) with your item. You may put your pieces in Jodi’s office.
FPCGV Seeks Youth Director
First Presbyterian Church of Grapevine, Texas, is seeking a part-time Director of Youth Ministries. If you love working with middle school and high school students and know how to connect with this fun and challenging age group, then this job is for you. You’ll need to be self-motivated, creative, and enthusiastic. Working knowledge of Harry Potter and DC and Marvel comics is a plus.
Interested candidates provide a brief letter of interest and a resume, and send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create a supportive and welcoming atmosphere for the youth of First Presbyterian Church of Grapevine.
- Help youth discover and use their unique gifts to serve Christ and others.
- Guide programs that help the church youth and others relate to the gospel .
- Partner with youth and sponsors to create programs that support spiritual development, fellowship, ministry, and outreach.
- Communicate often with youth and parents, using a variety of communication methods and social media.
- Attend worship regularly and lead weekly youth gatherings (currently on Sunday afternoons).
- Plan for and accompany youth on trips to regional presbytery events, summer mission trips, and to the national Treinnium conference every third year.
- Participate in (and sometimes lead) youth Sunday School.
Be ready to take on other duties as needed that relate to the Director of Youth position.
The Youth Director will report to the Christian Education Ministry and work with this group to develop programs. The Administration Personnel Ministry will handle matters related to employment.
Candidates for this position must trust in Jesus Christ as their Savior and must demonstrate the reality of that relationship through their life and testimony. In addition, candidates must:
- Be at least 23 years of age
- Be a confirmed member of a Presbyterian Church in the PCUSA or uphold beliefs in accordance with the Reformed Tradition.
- Be a High School graduate, and possess or be in pursuit of a college degree
- Have experience working with youth in a ministry setting
The successful candidate must meet the requirements of employment of First Presbyterian Church of Grapevine, including a criminal background check; and must work within the guidelines of our church’s Child Protection Policy.
Three work/school-related references must also be provided.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
For this ministry to our youth, we will also be looking for the following:
- A dynamic teacher who can apply fundamental Christian values to real-life situations
- Have formal training in youth ministry
- Experience coordinating retreats, mission trips, and local and regional outings
- Show leadership, organization, motivation and communication skills
- Be able to work with a team
Schedule and Other Information
The Director of Youth Ministries will work 15 to 20 per week including Sunday morning and youth function. Additional time will be necessary to undertake trips with the youth. Planning and organizational activities may take place off site and outside of this schedule.