Adult Education Opportunities at FPCGV
At FPCGV, we offer educational programs for every age. Because you're never too young or too old to learn something about your relationship to God and to one another!
Currently all Adult Classes are meeting virtually. We have Sunday Morning opportunities from 9-10am on Zoom. And we have weekday opportunities as well. Please email Rev. Ashley A. Hood for further inquiries at email@example.com
SUNDAY MORNING OFFERINGS
- Emmaus Reunion Group for those who have attended or are interested in an Emmaus event. The objective of this group is to inspire, challenge and equip the local church members for Christian action in their homes, churches, communities, and places of work. The mission of this group is renewing Christian Disciples and strengthening our church. All are welcome...please email Rev. Judy Crilley for more information.
- "Bridging the Distance" Sunday School Class: This class is using denomination curriculum and curriculum from Be the Bridge to begin to discuss the church and racial reconciliation. The stated goals from Be the Bridge are: 1) For God to be glorified; 2) For the church to be credible; 3) For Chrisitans to develop biblical tools that empower them to be the bridge between people divded by racial and cultural differenc es, and thereby bring healing and transformation to communities.
EVENING AND MIDWEEK OFFERINGS
- Tuesday Women's Study Group - This is a long running group at FPCGV and welcomes women of all ages for fellowship, prayer and study. No matter what we read and discuss we have deep and meaningful discussions that encourage us in our journeys of faith. On January 19, 2021 we will begin a 6 week study of Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger. Recent studies have been: The Book of Joy, The Invention of Wings, Gorrilla My Love, I'm Still Here:Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness, Factfulness, When the Men Were Gone, Inspired:Slaying Giants, Walking on Water, and Loving the Bible Again, and more.
- Wednesdays at 7:45 a.m., Men’s Bible Study - Is currently meeting virtually. This early morning discussion covers the previous Sundays scriptures and sermon. Contact Steve Flynn or Tom Talbot for more information.
- Thursdays, Pastor’s Bible Study is currently meeting virtually at 1pm on Thursdays on Zoom. The 2020/2021 study is of the Book of Genesis. People are welcome to join at any time of the year. Contact Rev. Bob Crilley or Rev. Ashley Hood for more information.
- Sunday Evening Movie Discussion Group - This group tries to meet once a month at 6pm. Recently we have discussed Selma, 42, Owned: A tale of Two Americas. Contact Josef Spencer and/or Ashley Hood for more information.